Thank you for your interest in the UNT Graduate Environmental Science Program, which is managed by the Advanced Environmental Research Institute (AERI).
Separate application material should be submitted to both the UNT Toulouse Graduate School (step 1) and the Institute of Applied Sciences (step 2). Note that the application deadlines given on the Toulouse Graduate School and Department of Biological Sciences websites are later than the application deadlines used by the Environmental Science Graduate Program as listed below. We strongly suggest submitting your application at least one month in advance of deadlines. As you proceed, use our application checklist to keep track of the materials you submit.
Environmental Science Graduate Program priority application deadlines:
January 15 - Fall semester admission
October 1 - Spring semester admission
International applicants have earlier application deadlines and additional application documents than those described below. International applicants should visit the UNT International Admissions website for further information.
STEP 1: APPLY TO UNT TOULOUSE GRADUATE SCHOOL
You will first need to go to the website: www.applytexas.org to fill out the "Application for Admissions Form" for the UNT Toulouse Graduate School in order to begin the process. You will need to send to Toulouse an official copy of your GRE scores (both verbal and quantitative) as well as official transcripts from all colleges and universities you've attended. Transcripts and scores should be mailed to: Toulouse School of Graduate Studies, Admissions Section, University of North Texas, 1155 Union Circle #305459, Denton, TX 76203-5017.
STEP 2: APPLY TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE GRADUATE PROGRAM
Applicants must also submit the following directly to the Institute of Applied Sciences, which manages the Environmental Science Graduate Program:
- The Environmental Science Application Data Sheet;
- A letter of intent detailing the exact nature of your interests in environmental science and your career goals (please make this letter as informative as possible because it is seen as one of the most important documents in the application materials);
- Three (3) letters of reference from former professors/associates who know your academic qualifications, accompanied by a completed Recommendation Cover Letter Form.
- A copy of correspondence from an environmental science faculty member stating that he/she agrees to be your major professor for the PSM, MS, or PhD program if you are admitted to the program
- CV (curriculum vitae)
METHOD ONE: Application materials can be emailed to the Environmental Science Program at ENSC-GradProgram@unt.edu.
METHOD TWO: Apply online! Apply Now
For more information, please see:
- Letter to PSM applicants
- Letter to MS applicants
- Letter to PhD applicants
- Finding a major professor
For further questions, please contact:
Environmental Science Graduate Program