Students seeking to enter the program must meet the criteria below for acceptance:
- Students must meet the residence requirements of the Toulouse Graduate School.
- Students must meet requirements listed for Biological Sciences in the UNT Graduate Catalog
- Students must have attained B grades or better in two major's biology classes at the undergraduate level (one of which must be Ecology; equivalent of BIOL 1710 & 2140 for UNT undergraduates). Applicants also must have achieved a B or better in two major's chemistry classes (equivalent of CHEM 1410 & 1420 for UNT undergraduates), and in college algebra (MATH 1100 equivalent at UNT).
- GPA requirements are 3.0 for the undergraduate degree or 3.2 in the last 60 hours. Those coming in with a Master's must have a 3.4 GPR in previous graduate work.
- In addition to the UNT Toulouse Graduate School requirements, the Environmental Science Graduate Coordinator will factor range of criteria, including GRE scores, letters of recommendation, letter of intent, and/or candidate correspondence/interviews into admissions.
- Student may be provisionally accepted on condition of leveling courses to be decided by the Graduate Coordinator and the major professor.
- All applications are given full consideration by the Environmental Science Graduate Coordinator, which finalizes acceptance to or rejection from the program.